• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Awesome drop

I've been trying to use this, but when I drop the files into my browser they just open up in my browser. I tried with .txt files, .zip files, and various image files. The image files and .txt files opened in the browser. The .zip files downloaded.

Windows XP SP3 and firefox 3.5.6 if that matters. I tried ie7 in case it doesn't work on firefox, but got an error that ie isn't supported.

WTH am I doing wrong. Should just be a drag n drop right? Entered the code on my evo and said it was awaiting a drop, then drag n dropped the files into firefox on the green box.

thanks,
Will

Upvote 0
I've been trying to use this, but when I drop the files into my browser they just open up in my browser. I tried with .txt files, .zip files, and various image files. The image files and .txt files opened in the browser. The .zip files downloaded.

Windows XP SP3 and firefox 3.5.6 if that matters. I tried ie7 in case it doesn't work on firefox, but got an error that ie isn't supported.

WTH am I doing wrong. Should just be a drag n drop right? Entered the code on my evo and said it was awaiting a drop, then drag n dropped the files into firefox on the green box.

thanks,
Will

Works Perfectly!

But unfortunately there seems to be an error with just firefox 3.5...

If you use another compatible browser, or version of firefox, you will be all good to go.

Sweet simple app!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones