• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Awesome Rooted Hero, but have a couple questions...

taarobaap

Lurker
Jun 1, 2010
So I rooted...AWESOME btw...its like having a new, quicker Hero.
Rooted with CM6, kernel decad3nc #9.
So on to the questions:
1. What is flashing a radio? and if everything is working, do i need to flash my sprint radio?
2. Also, why do i need setCPU...the phone is already pretty fast and battery life is good.
3. The only thing is not working is the google voice for my voicemail. It says my carrier doesnt offer this service? Should I just download sprint visual voicemail and flash? Im not a huge fan, but what are my other options?

Thanks in advanced, and thanks to this forum in general...you guys are a HUGE help!!

if you already have excellent battery life and it's pretty fast..no need to use setCPU, which overclocks your CPU to make it a little faster..but it'll make your phone hot which could be detrimental :(

you'll have to wipe dalvic cache then flash your nightly, then flash the sprint vm. make sure you're flashing the right vm. here it is in case you aren't.

xda-developers

EDIT: be sure you flash your kernal again after you flashed your nightly

Reactions: taarobaap
Upvote 0
Try using Youmail, works great and it's free

3. The only thing is not working is the google voice for my voicemail. It says my carrier doesnt offer this service? Should I just download sprint visual voicemail and flash? Im not a huge fan, but what are my other options?

Thanks in advanced, and thanks to this forum in general...you guys are a HUGE help!!

Upvote 0
So I rooted...AWESOME btw...its like having a new, quicker Hero.
Rooted with CM6, kernel decad3nc #9.
So on to the questions:
1. What is flashing a radio? and if everything is working, do i need to flash my sprint radio?
2. Also, why do i need setCPU...the phone is already pretty fast and battery life is good.

If you are trying to set google voice, you will have to set it up via your pc. Go into google voice on the computer

Upvote 0
they're updates you can flash to your froyo os. you can view them here

TeamDouche Mirror System

the top are the newest ones

Thanks for the site, but I cant download the file, and I dont see a place to register.

And for the nightly, do i just wipe the dalvic and then install? Will I lose anything that I need to reflash?

Also, just found CM6.1. Safe to flash to this?

Sorry for all the questions!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the site, but I cant download the file, and I dont see a place to register.

And for the nightly, do i just wipe the dalvic and then install? Will I lose anything that I need to reflash?

Also, just found CM6.1. Safe to flash to this?

Sorry for all the questions!

Build 101 is a no go but build 99 and before are fine to download, but future nightly builds will be there;)

If you have previously flashed the CM6, then wiping Davlik cache and cache are the only things you need to wipe. No you won't lose any settings

CM6.1 is the latest stable build and yes it is safe to flash

Reactions: taarobaap
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones