• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Awesome speed test results in Long Beach, CA.

MyUsernameRox

Android Enthusiast
Jan 5, 2012
San Luis Obispo, CA
FqKbWba.jpg

Holy cow.

Just a year ago, I was lucky to get a measly 1 Mbps down in Long Beach, and I couldn't even watch YouTube at all because of the horrible buffering.

Now, my speeds average at least 10 Mbps down on the low end, and 20mbps on the high end. Buffering? A thing of the past.

Does anyone know why this is? I'm assuming it's due to the merger, but not sure how exactly. Is it because many Metro customers have migrated to GSM and thus freed up the CDMA/LTE network to an extent?

FqKbWba.jpg

Does anyone know why this is? I'm assuming it's due to the merger, but not sure how exactly. Is it because many Metro customers have migrated to GSM and thus freed up the CDMA/LTE network to an extent?
No it's because they have combined the spectrum from both networks. That's why some in Dallas have been able to get over 100mbps

Reactions: MyUsernameRox
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones