• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Awesome Validation!!!

Upvote 0
Yay, Consumer Reports puts Motorola's new DROID line above the iPhone 5s and 5c!

Consumer Reports: Motorola DROID phones beat out iPhone 5S, 5C

I feel like doing the happy dance now!

:thrasher:

If you actually read the two reviews, the Droid Maxx gets a 78, the iPhone 5s gets a 78. So, they are tied. The iPhone 5c gets a 77. (The Ultra gets 76, the Mini 75)

The actual headline is

iPhone 5s and 5c earn high scores in Consumer Reports' Ratings
But so-so battery life and smallish screens are no match for Motorola Droids and other phones

The Droid Maxx gets dinged by CR for voice quality. They say that what you say is well heard, but listening is only fair. The iPhones get dinged for battery life (only average) and "YouTube app not installed", which is a ludicrous thing to judge a smartphone on, IMO.

Upvote 0
If you actually read the two reviews, the Droid Maxx gets a 78, the iPhone 5s gets a 78. So, they are tied. The iPhone 5c gets a 77. (The Ultra gets 76, the Mini 75)

The actual headline is

The Droid Maxx gets dinged by CR for voice quality. They say that what you say is well heard, but listening is only fair. The iPhones get dinged for battery life (only average) and "YouTube app not installed", which is a ludicrous thing to judge a smartphone on, IMO.

I can say that the voice quality is no worse (and I believe better) than my S3. Sometimes it sounded like the other guy was talking to me through water on that phone.

Even though the Maxx and 5s tied, they did say that the better battery life, larger screen, touchless control, and active notifications gave the Droids the edge. I don't understand how that doesn't show in the ratings, unless they only rate phones by build, voice quality, reception, etc. & those features are not included in the ratings.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones