• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Awesome Verizon Story

Wolfedude88

Android Expert
Jan 3, 2010
OMG, I LOVE VERIZON. So I was a little worried today, my wife isn't eligible for a discount until July, and that would be her annual upgrade, her NE2 isn't until February 2011, and I already upgraded so I am not eligible.

I talked with several reps today and no one would help me out, all I wanted was to see if someone would help her get a annual upgrade early, just by a few months. After talking to a new manager, I finally got somewhere.

He not only was willing to help, but he ended up giving her the NE2 upgrade with the extra 30 dollars on top. He told me it was in effect starting now, sure enough when I look at her account online there it is. What an AWESOME MANAGER!! Now I will be able to get the Incredible without having to pay the full 599!!!!

So the moral of this story is, stay calm and collected, treat the reps with respect, and do some praying and you might actually get what you want.

I've been with VZW for about 10 years now and, in my experience, they're very accomodating with things like this (especially if they know you're gonna sign another contract with them). I've gotten upgrades a few months early (though, I've never gotten a NE2 10 months early), free replacement batteries when mine have crapped out, etc.

It's usually the technical issues/glitches with phones that they're not so great with, but that's what these forums are for. (And forums like this one are MUCH better than VZW if you're having a technical problem with your phone.)

Upvote 0
Yeah I am still in shock from yesterday, all I was wanting was to get the annual upgrade a few months early. But to my disbelief they hooked my wife up with her NE2 about 10 months early. This is the second time they have hooked me up. I got the Eris in January, I was only six months into my contract.

They asked me why I wanted to upgrade, and I told them I didn't care for my envy2, and I wanted a smart phone and a data plan. I was asking him what my options were, he told me to hold on. He came back with a manager a few minutes later and they gave me a one year upgrade price.

Two Times Verizon has hooked me up and I will always be grateful to them for that. Anyone else have any stories like this?

Upvote 0
Two Times Verizon has hooked me up and I will always be grateful to them for that. Anyone else have any stories like this?

Definitely, I've had VZW turn me on to early upgrades several times now. I got a 2nd line on mine for my girlfriend and between the 2 of us we've had 5 new phones in the last 2 years as long as we renew the 2 yr. This last time I'd had the env3 for a few months & wanted a smartphone even though my upgrade wasn't until July 2011 and my other line until November. Customer service let me get an Eris on my 2nd line 7 months early.

The other goodness is that when I've bitched about various issues over the years VZW's always been quick to bless me with credits & whatnots. Between the outstanding customer service I've received, having never had a dropped call almost anywhere in the U.S. and the availability of some pretty good phones I'm a loyal Verizon customer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones