1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Awesome!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by don2775, Aug 26, 2012.

1. don2775

don2775 Member

So I went ahead and had my tech friend root my Triumph...WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! He loaded it with CM7, now it works awesome..no more 0% phone space (58% now) love the new animations (screen goes off like an old TV)... works faster (at least it seems to). So guys what other things can I do now that I have it rooted? I'm new to this root thing, a little help please. I have discovered that along with saving all my previous apps (well most of them) I now have some I didn't have before i.e., ROM Manager.

treysmith likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. andr2d2

andr2d2 Well-Known Member

Some of the apps com pre-installed with whatever Rom you install :D

3. MikeRL

MikeRL Android Enthusiast

Try replacing Superuser with SuperSu. It's so much smoother and less buggy, for me anyway. Then search the market for Ad away. This will kill all the ads in apps and any web browser. Of course, if you don't mind ads and want to support the developer, do what I do. Purchase ad-free paid versions of apps whenever possible, but block ads. Or just try Firefox with Adblock Plus. If you just want to support the devs, don't install Ad away. Just stick with pro apps and open source apps, and block annoying ads in Firefox with Ad block Plus. But if you can, allow some non intrusive advertising. Anyhow, make sure you run AdAway once it's installed, and download and install the ad blocking hosts files. Then, dismiss the reboot message, but be sure to check for hosts updates from within Ad away at least once a week.

inub and sikk66 like this.
  4. sikk66

sikk66 Member

Just jumping in this thread, but I had to say thank you to MikeRL. AdAway is not an app I had ever heard of, but I just downloaded it and it works amazing!
    Thank you for posting that! Fantastic app! :D

5. treysmith

treysmith Member

You can do a lot of things with a rooted phone. I use Tethering and wireless tethering on my phone everyday. I Also, install busy box to remove bloatware off android phone, and CyanogenMod from CM7 to overclock my speed. I agreed it's pretty Amazing!!!!

Thanks, devs for y'all hard work

6. g60madman

g60madman Guest

Don sounds like your using an older version of cm7. I would recommend using either g60 or MTDEV. While Tickerguy and TG reloaded are both good Roms many fixes have been added to both those versions. MTDEV being the newer build.

7. don2775

don2775 Member

OK...how do I do that, please?

8. don2775

don2775 Member

Phone says mod Version Cyanogenmod-7.2.0-RCO-Triumph-Kang
    Build number TG-Reloaded 2012-02-0
    Kernel version 2.6.32.9-perf

is this the older version?

9. MikeRL

MikeRL Android Enthusiast

If you'd like some assistance, I could post all of it here. But I have made a massive FAQ for that purpose. :D Get it here.
    Yes, that's an older version. Get the latest version here. It's in the CM7 folder and has the latest date.

10. Tokens210

Tokens210 Android Expert

you'll just have to flash it like you flashed you one your using currently, except after the phone will say

Mod Version: CyanogenMod-7-20120819
    Build #: GINGERBREAD
    Kernel: 2.6.32.9-perf

and while whyzor's has as far as ive seen the craziest battery life, i was told by another users who pulled his code apart that it looked like he was crazy about battery lol, it'll be worth the trade off of a lil battery loss for all the updates and such you'll get

11. don2775

don2775 Member

Think I'll have my tech buddy do it,as he did the initial root anyway. don't think I can do it without screwing something up..I'm not too tech savvy

12. Tokens210

Tokens210 Android Expert

its not that hard but if you feel it be safer then yea lol

Motorola Triumph Hacks, Mods, Reviews and More - YouTube

that link is to a users youtube channel, minus5252, he has video's on how to do pretty much everything on here, if your phone has clockworkmod recovery then your pretty much past what alot of people have trouble with

13. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles

14. Tokens210

Tokens210 Android Expert

yea agent lol, i clearly completely forgot about that lol

for you don, thats how i learned when i first came here, i read every single thing in the guides on this site, then i went to the youtube and watched em all, then id watch the ones i needed as i did it

i like to see whats going to happen sometimes lol

15. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Just be careful with YouTube videos.

I've seen enormous issues caused by people using an outdated video.

Make sure the steps in the video are the same as the guide here

Motorola Triumph Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews