• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Awful Battery Life?

You're holding it wrong. Kidding. I mean how are you using the phone? Do you have it in your hands the whole day streaming Pandora and doing video chat with your mom? I got 17 hours today and I just plugged it in because I am going to sleep. There's still 20% left on the battery. Do the math.

Android is great at learning and adjusting. I experienced the same low battery life on my Nexus One and on this phone too. I was getting 7 hours like you. I just let it go below 15% and plugged it for a full charge. I didn't do anything special.

Upvote 0
You're holding it wrong. Kidding. I mean how are you using the phone? Do you have it in your hands the whole day streaming Pandora and doing video chat with your mom? I got 17 hours today and I just plugged it in because I am going to sleep. There's still 20% left on the battery. Do the math.

Android is great at learning and adjusting. I experienced the same low battery life on my Nexus One and on this phone too. I was getting 7 hours like you. I just let it go below 15% and plugged it for a full charge. I didn't do anything special.

In my hand the whole day, texting yes. Every so often I check my screen and the battery is just decreasing. It was at 100%, a minute later 98%. Just dies so fast it seems.

Upvote 0
In my hand the whole day, texting yes. Every so often I check my screen and the battery is just decreasing. It was at 100%, a minute later 98%. Just dies so fast it seems.

OK so you've concluded that it drains fast on your present setup. Why not try another ROM/kernel combo and start fresh with a wipe and flash so you can troubleshoot where your battery life is going awry?

Upvote 0
This thread should be in the Root section...not the general section. I just wasted 5minutes reading through posts only to find out you have a Rooted and Rom'd phone. Take it back to stock and see if battery life increases.
Or contact the developer of the Rom to complain and see if there is anything you can change.

Or change the title to "AWFUL BATTERY LIFE USING CUSTOM ROM"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones