• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Awsome Standby time

RoboMonkey

Android Expert
May 12, 2010
And my battery is at 31% with Lite use.

snap20100722_124751.png

Moderate Use the other day:

snap20100620_201340.png

Dang, that's nice you guys! How are you guys managing to pull so much juice out of the Evo? I try to kill the "unwanted" apps through "Advance Task Killer" and between my GTalk and GMail, I have to recharge my phone twice a day!

Any suggestion / recommendation on improving on the battery life would be appreciated

Upvote 0
I don't do anything special (I think).
I only have 1 screen out of the 7 with anything on it.
I keep my brightness level just under 50% and I use Wifi whenever possible. No auto task killers or start up killers. I'm also running the old software same as the day I got it from July 5th (plus or minus a few days).

That's it.

Upvote 0
Stay within range of a known wifi source and leave your wifi active.
I can unplug Saturday morning and not have to plug in until I go to bed on Sunday night if I stay around my house all weekend.

I download apps, talk on the phone(granted I don't phone much) send/receive texts(20-30 per day), play games, still have gmail pushed to the phone and check my house email about every 4 hours. I also check Facebook, take photos browse the web, etc.. and still get 40+ hours if I have all the data going over wifi instead of cell network.

PAFisher

Upvote 0
And my battery is at 31% with Lite use.

snap20100722_124751.png

Moderate Use the other day:

snap20100620_201340.png

Nice, however i think i have you beat. ON lite usage right now, PUSH Outlook 2007 , Twitter for Sense and only GPS and 3G enabled, i get anywhere from 58 hrs on the minimum to 81 hrs. And in moderate use, i average between 40 and 48hrs.
Nice tho, but yeah I can beat you LOLz , just kidding, nice job tho.

Upvote 0
i wonder the same thing as feeza lol, when i sit in in class for 5 hours i dont think i have ever had my phone off, and i get about 7 hours of the phone being on constanly surfing the web and text. i also use juice defender which is kinda dumb because the phone is never off! lol. but i would think i can pull some crazy idle numbers with backround data off and juice defender workin

Upvote 0

sorry, but this means nothing....6% android use means that you barely used it. maybe sent a couple text. no real voice calls or voice calls would be on the list. and probably no internet browsing or it would be much higher than 6. still, if all you want to show off is standby time when you don't really use your phone at all, i guess thats good

Upvote 0
I have way too much going on in my life to manage those hours. Do you guys, like ......ever use your phone? I get on average at least 100 texts a day as well as read rss feeds, browse the internet and more. How can you just let your phone sit there and idle all day?
I wonder the same thing!!! There is no way i can just let this idle all day. Impossible

Upvote 0
sorry, but this means nothing....6% android use means that you barely used it. maybe sent a couple text. no real voice calls or voice calls would be on the list. and probably no internet browsing or it would be much higher than 6. still, if all you want to show off is standby time when you don't really use your phone at all, i guess thats good
Nicely put...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones