• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [B]$20 bucks for anyone that successfully helps me[/B]

laker666

Feb 11, 2010
Utah
i need to get my battery lasting 20+ hours. who ever helps me do this will receive a crisp $20 bill from me. what i need is the instructions step by step with pictures if possible. i have BH_MANs final rom, and i am familiar with odin, but when it comes to adb and any of this other stuff i am a complete noob. hope to hear from ya thanks

Follow the steps here:

Set Up ADB/USB Drivers
Download this to computer: BH_Man's Batterystats.bin.

3. Open Command Prompt and type the following code:
Code:
cd\
cd androidsdk\tools
adb devices (make sure it shows SGH T-939 device)
adb push ( location of batterstats.bin e.i.: c:\batterystats.bin) /data/system
exit

***Phone should be fully charged preferably off before you open command prompt and pushing the file.

Any questions search first but this should get you what you need. There should be any need to re-boot, but it doesn't hurt.

Upvote 0
Follow the steps here:

Set Up ADB/USB Drivers
Download this to computer: BH_Man's Batterystats.bin.

3. Open Command Prompt and type the following code:
Code:
cd\
cd androidsdk\tools
adb devices (make sure it shows SGH T-939 device)
adb push ( location of batterstats.bin e.i.: c:\batterystats.bin) /data/system
exit

***Phone should be fully charged preferably off before you open command prompt and pushing the file.

Any questions search first but this should get you what you need. There should be any need to re-boot, but it doesn't hurt.

on code lines 3 and 4 of step 3 do i write all that you have written?

Upvote 0
ill mail it to ya or paypal...

when i run it all i can get is
C:\

anything else i type in says
the system can not find the path specified
an

Cool.

Easiest way, download or move the batterystats.bin to the C:\ Drive and type the following
Code:
adb push C:\batterystats.bin /data/system

make sure the batterystats.bin is spelled and formated the same way the file name is (so if the file in the C:\ drive is spelled BatteryStats.bin then when you type the code you have to use C:\BatteryStats.bin or else you'll come up with an error.
Paypal address is dpcc01_paypal@sbcglobal.net.

Upvote 0
How do I know if it worked? This is all I got after doing it:

C:\androidsdk\tools>
C:\androidsdk\tools>adb push c:\batterystats.bin /data/system
221 KB/s (0 bytes in 21244.000s)

C:\androidsdk\tools>

There's really not a confirmation, just test it. Try not to use the phone for the next two days and if you need to charge the phone by the end of the second day you're good and it works. I'm averaging 45 hrs with light to moderate use (running beautiful widgets, wireless network on, gps off, bluetooth on, 10-15 sms/mms, exchange mail set to push, fb widget) and 24 hrs with the aforementioned along with about 2-3 hrs of voice.

However your mileage may vary.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones