1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support B&N Apps not working on rooted NC

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by celticscryer, Jun 12, 2011.

1. celticscryer

celticscryer Newbie
    None

Nov 16, 2010
    As of yesterday, my NC is rooted with ManualNooter 4.5.25. I discovered after installation that previously downloaded B&N apps are not working, the NC is trying to open and read apps as books. Newly downloaded apps are working correctly for some reason, though.

I tried archiving and downloading the apps again with no luck.

As a new member, I'm apparently not allowed to post in the nooter thread on XDA. I'm reading through the entire thread now, but so far I'm not seeing any one else with this issue.

Any thoughts on how to fix this? The few apps I had downloaded can all be duplicated from the Android market, so I can live without it if I need to. I'm just annoyed that I have to restart Angry Birds again! :rolleyes:

Advertisement

2. colchiro

colchiro Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    That's strange. Sorry, have no experience with SW 1.2 or MN so don't have much to say.

Can you list all the apps that are broken? Maybe someone will see a pattern here.

Any reason why you wanted to root and not replace the stock rom with a rom more like a tablet (like CM7 or Phiremod)?

This might help with saving/restoring your high scores in Angry Birds: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=820725

Sounds like you'd need Root Explorer (from Market). Note, if you log in you can install directly from that link. :D

3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    While I didn't have that many apps directly from B&N (frankly there aren't many to begin with), the few I did download work okay after Manually Nooting with 4.5.25.

Which apps are giving you the problems?

4. celticscryer

celticscryer Newbie
    None

Nov 16, 2010
    Angry Birds, Tap to Talk and the National Spelling Bee app were downloaded previously and are not working now. Pulse and Goodreads wre downloaded after rooting and work fine.

Colchiro, I chose this method over CW because I still want my Nook to be mainly an e-reader, for now at least.

5. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

Nov 29, 2009
    Jacksonville, Fl
    FWIW, I much prefer to use Aldiko as my reader - it has a much nicer interface for your 'book shelf' than either that stock nook reader or the downloadable nook reader from the market. If you've just got a few books on your reader it's not a big deal, but I've got several hundred, so I need an app that organizes them nicely.

Moon+ reader also has a good 'book shelf', but I'd been using Aldiko for a long time before I found Moon+. Moon+ is good, but there wasn't anything to make me leave Aldiko. If you're new to both you may find that you like Moon+ better.

6. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

Nov 29, 2009
    Jacksonville, Fl
    I'm assuming that you've archived AB using Titanium Backup. If so then try deleting AB and reinstalling it to see if it works (you may have already done that, but you didn't specifically say that you'd deleted it). If it works OK, then try restoring JUST the AB data using Titanium Backup to see if it will let you do that.

I rooted using ManualNooter and don't see any of the strangeness that you're seeing here. However I didn't have AB installed before rooting.