• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root B12 Root?

BEWARE OF THE ZTE ZMAX ENHANCEMENT

it really doesn't do anything except *STOP* you from rooting and wifi tether apn method..

I just returned my updated to B12 for warranty and to my relieve it the replacement zte zmax had B06 on it.. And I'm here to tell you I'm using the tether apn dun method.. The b12 just stops you from rooting and stops the t-mobile dun tethering..

Reactions: arkansawdave74
Upvote 0
BEWARE OF THE ZTE ZMAX ENHANCEMENT

it really doesn't do anything except *STOP* you from rooting and wifi tether apn method..

I just returned my updated to B12 for warranty and to my relieve it the replacement zte zmax had B06 on it.. And I'm here to tell you I'm using the tether apn dun method.. The b12 just stops you from rooting and stops the t-mobile dun tethering..
And it makes a couple of the popup menus like the low battery warning look like something from gingerbread. Also, to me, it seemed like whatever patches the update applied to block root and tethering, lowered the overall performance of the phone. It's more like a downgrade than an upgrade.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones