1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

baby monitor: need my phone as receiver

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by badkelly, May 15, 2011.

1. badkelly

badkelly Lurker
    None

Dec 5, 2010
    i need an app that i can tune into the frequency of my baby monitor and just listen with my phone (through bluetooth wireless). i know i can tune into police scanners with my phone, so would it be possible to tune into the frequency of a baby monitor? i've seen the one where you actually leave the phone in the crib, but that won't work for me.

scenario: the baby is taking a nap and i am in the front yard with her big sister while she rides a bike in the driveway. i just want to be able to sit on the front porch so i can watch one while listening for the other. leaving the phone in the crib is not an option as i won't have a another phone to receive a text or call if the little one hollers.

Advertisement

2. Mickle

Mickle Lurker
    None

May 15, 2011
    Simple answer no.
    the only way is put a wireless Mic in baby's room and connect receiver to Pc then there's plenty apps to transmit the audio from Pc to phone via BT Or Wifi. it's probably more complicated than you want but that's the only way unless you get a high powered(illegal) FM transmitter because most can only manage a few meters.

3. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 20, 2010
    Female
    Occupational Health Advisor
    Kildare, Ireland
    Is there some reason you cannot use the other half of the baby monitoring system? They usually are portable and some even have a belt clip.

4. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    Those scanner apps are STREAMING audio. An app doesnt turn your phone into an actual 600 dollar police scanner.

And no, its not possible, its a phone, not a baby monitor/receiver.

5. vw-porsche

vw-porsche Newbie
    None

Nov 2, 2010
    Southern Cali
    I'm not sure an app is needed but to make it work you would need to stream the audio up to a website from the receiver via a pc. To access the audio you simply log into the website and it streams to the phone.

I personally have no expereince with this except listening to some other radio uploads done this way but it cannot be too difficult. The guys with radios doing this are connecting a headphone jack to the mic jack on the computer but I'm unsure what software they are using to stream it up.

rob

6. badkelly

badkelly Lurker
    None

Dec 5, 2010
    can't carry the monitor with me as it's a tv monitor with audio!

7. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 20, 2010
    Female
    Occupational Health Advisor
    Kildare, Ireland
    May be easier all round to spend