1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

baby monitor: need my phone as receiver

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by badkelly, May 15, 2011.

1. badkelly

badkelly Lurker

i need an app that i can tune into the frequency of my baby monitor and just listen with my phone (through bluetooth wireless). i know i can tune into police scanners with my phone, so would it be possible to tune into the frequency of a baby monitor? i've seen the one where you actually leave the phone in the crib, but that won't work for me.

scenario: the baby is taking a nap and i am in the front yard with her big sister while she rides a bike in the driveway. i just want to be able to sit on the front porch so i can watch one while listening for the other. leaving the phone in the crib is not an option as i won't have a another phone to receive a text or call if the little one hollers.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mickle

Mickle Lurker

Simple answer no.
    the only way is put a wireless Mic in baby's room and connect receiver to Pc then there's plenty apps to transmit the audio from Pc to phone via BT Or Wifi. it's probably more complicated than you want but that's the only way unless you get a high powered(illegal) FM transmitter because most can only manage a few meters.

3. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Is there some reason you cannot use the other half of the baby monitoring system? They usually are portable and some even have a belt clip.

4. Those scanner apps are STREAMING audio. An app doesnt turn your phone into an actual 600 dollar police scanner.

And no, its not possible, its a phone, not a baby monitor/receiver.

5. vw-porsche

vw-porsche Newbie

I'm not sure an app is needed but to make it work you would need to stream the audio up to a website from the receiver via a pc. To access the audio you simply log into the website and it streams to the phone.

I personally have no expereince with this except listening to some other radio uploads done this way but it cannot be too difficult. The guys with radios doing this are connecting a headphone jack to the mic jack on the computer but I'm unsure what software they are using to stream it up.

rob

6. badkelly

badkelly Lurker

can't carry the monitor with me as it's a tv monitor with audio!

7. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

May be easier all round to spend