• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Back in my day...

That brought back a great memory. My buddy had a set of molds for army men. We'd make lead army men, plink them with our bb guns until they were so disfigured that they could no longer stand, melt them down, and do it again.

A home made sling shot out of inner tube and a good Y branch was a wicked weapon. A lead ball/sinker took it to a whole new level.
Two properly shaped Y branches will make a great set of stilts..

Upvote 0
Flattening coins on railroad trax? Who of us here has done that?
Ah, the fun we had:)

Super gluing coins to the floor at school...entertaining.

Taking the little plastic coated wire ties on loaves of bread, stripping the plastic off, wrap it around a pencil and have the 2 ends exposed. Stick it in the electrical outlet to blow the fuse and subsequently the lights go out. Teacher walks in, giggles ensue, class delayed, SUCCESS!

Now I'm a mod here. yikes. :p

Upvote 0
Crystal radios wired inside pens (buy one, copy design), earphone wire up one sleeve, ground wire out other sleeve to the radiator. Misbehavior got you sat by the radiator. Listen to the preseason ball games in class.

Get busted when five guys erupt cheering the big play.

My first personal media player - a crystal radio.

We didn't need no stinking batteries!

Upvote 0
We had a beautiful piece of furniture that was a record player when I was young. It would only play 78's and Buddy Holly records were released on 45s. I remember that great Christmas that my sister and I got a record player so we could play something besides Glenn Miller. It looked similar to this:

images

Upvote 0
We had a beautiful piece of furniture that was a record player when I was young. It would only play 78's and Buddy Holly records were released on 45s. I remember that great Christmas that my sister and I got a record player so we could play something besides Glenn Miller. It looked similar to this:

images
My uncle and I (uncle only 6 months older than I) had found an old record player including some old records.

Wouldn't believe the size of my eyes when I found Pearl by Janis Joplin record :)
We also found an old Johnny Cash record and even found Yellow Submarine by the Beatles.

Upvote 0
I revisited my 45s from the shed. The mice have eaten the corners off of many of the sleeves. I went all the way though the box and didn't find the Battle of New Orleans. I didn't find North To Alaska either. I know I had both 45s of Horton. I did find many 45s that had old friend's names on them. I guess that's the way it was back then and I'm certain it all evened out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones