1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Back light on Buttons stay lit up?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sean76, May 23, 2011.

1. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

Well exchanged my Charge today because of some screen sensitivity issues...new one seems to be good! However the 4 buttons on the bottom of the phone stay lit up constantly ..they don't fade when held near light...they stay on while the phone is awake, unlike my previous charge which would only kick on in the dark...or a dim place.
    Hmmm? Battery killer...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. potterdood

potterdood Android Enthusiast

dude, IDK, but I've noticed mine never go off! But they are very dim. I got the phone on launch day and I don't remember the lights going off, unless the phones asleep of course..

3. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

Same here bro...First one would only kick on in the dark...and this one is on constantly...lol. the lesser of 2 evils I guess.

4. potterdood

potterdood Android Enthusiast

is it dim tho?

5. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

Not really too dim..but they're kind of like a bluish white color...not as bright white as my Thunderbolt...but pretty nice and easy on the eyes.

6. JLoftus

JLoftus Newbie

Mine go off completely as soon as the screen goes out.

7. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

What we're saying is that they stay ON while the screen is awake...even in well lit areas. I think there is something up with one of the sensors, because my flash on the camera goes off also in well lit areas. Has to all be connected somewhere.

8. JLoftus

JLoftus Newbie

Ah, misunderstood. I just tested mine and here's what I'm seeing: With the default "auto" brightness, if I hold the phone to a bright light, the buttons go out, but then when I pull the phone away from the light source, after a few seconds the buttons do light again. So, I tried setting the display to the brightest (not auto) and repeated the test, and got the exact same result.

Samsung Droid Charge Forum

The Samsung Droid Charge release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1600mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews