1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Back light time during call

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Droidable, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Droidable

Droidable Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    I looked and cant find any way to make the backlight stay on for more than 3 seconds after i take the phone away from my head during a call. Even if im typing in info paying a bill it still goes out. Is there any way to change this or is it a problem with my phone?

Advertisement

2. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Top Secret
    WA
    Odd indeed. Normally, the phone turns the screen off when the proximity sensor thinks you are holding it to your ear/face. But you say when you pull away it still shuts off within 3 seconds, hmmmm, yeah I didnt see anything in the Menu Settings to tweak it.
    You arent somehow blocking the proximity sensor are you?

3. Droidable

May 2, 2010
    Nope. All I was doing was typing in numbers. I tried it a few times just to be sure

4. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Top Secret
    WA
    I do know the screen shuts off when in BT mode even if your display time out is really long but I know you werent using a BT. Damn now Im trying to figure this out myself and is where this can be changed if at all

5. Droidable

May 2, 2010
    Now its not doing it today! I didn't turn off or reset the phone either. I dunno?

6. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Top Secret
    WA
    :thinking:Whatever works :D

7. Veez

Veez Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    i had the same exact thing today while driving..took a call..took my phone away from my ear to turn speakerphone on..and the phone was lite for about a second and then went blank..pressed the power button and it would flash on for a half second then go off again...soooo frustrating..finally after 10 seconds it turned on

8. spinnum

spinnum Active Member

Sep 21, 2010
    This was happening to me to after the most recent update. After I did a complete power down and restart it worked fine. I can't recall if I had rebooted since the update or not, the problem has not returned and it has been 3-4 days.