1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Back to Basics

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by malbon, Jan 13, 2010.

1. malbon

malbon Member

Had my Hero for about 6 months and all started well. However, over time I rooted the phone and put the Modaco ROM over a few iterations with the updated Radio's etc.. Had a about 60 apps on, Taskiller etc and it all started to go a bit laggy and annoying.

Then people started complaining that their voice was echoing when i spoke to them. I wiped everything the other night and returned to standard and everything went back to normal including the voice echo !

So anyway, I'm back to Standard with the latest Orange RUU and i'm also staying away from a lot of the 3rd party apps like Handcent, Taskiller etc, which I really liked but felt were too 'heavy' for the phone.

It doesn't seem to be powerful enough to cope with what I was asking of the phone so i'm going to cut it a break and try and use it within its limits. Hopefully the lag should disappear and ill be a happy Hero again !

I think the Google Phone is the phone that we really wanted the Hero to be but I think we were the development monkies !

Anyone share the same view ?​

2. mmusaji

mmusaji Member

Hi, been reading this forum for quite a while now and only just registered.

Anyway, I don't really agree. I've had my Hero for about the same time and have had no issues with it at all. The custom ROMs only made it better but I only rooted it once and not updated the ROM since so maybe that might have caused your issues?

3. Barretta

Barretta Member

Nexus One is just the next gen phone... Considering the pace of the nano-technologies and the large unexplored world of the touch-phones, the next next gen phone will appear soon and then the Nexus One users will be saying the same things u are now... :)

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews