1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Back to GB... a couple of questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by heartburnron, May 1, 2012.

1. heartburnron

heartburnron Member
    None

Dec 20, 2011
    Technical Analyst
    Dunbar - Scotland
    Been flicking back and forth between D4 ROM and Check ROM and have finally admitted defeat with ics.

The deal breaker was the incompatibility of a number of gameloft games with ics. Apparently gameloft have admitted this but as of yet there are no updates forthcoming, not to my knowledge anyway.

The thing I will miss the most about ics (apart.from the super cool siyah and D4 ROM boot animations) is the vast improvement it made to my ability to pick up wifi around.the house. With that in mind, do you think if I changed my modem this would help? What was the best modem for checkrom? Or what modem does the D4 ROM use and can I flash it if I'm on gingerbread? How do I flash a modem if not using kifchenpro? Is it just install zip from sd card in recovery?

Also, I never upgraded from checkrom v4 to v6 as I really liked the galaxy blue theme which disappeared from the kitchen in v6. If I upgrade to v6 will I still be able to flash this theme from my saved file? Was v6 a significant improvement over 4? really don't feel like doing full wipe so what is the deal when just upgrading to a later version of a ROM?

Apologies for all the questions, just want to feel satisfied and settled with my phone for a while again...

Advertisement

2. Kie

Kie Android Expert
    None

Oct 7, 2011
    Risk and Safety Engineer
    Perth, Australia
    Could you give a couple of examples of games that don't work?

I'm not sure what the best modem is...if you liked D4 I believe it's on LPS, which you can get here. It's compatible with checkrom. You install it using CWM recovery's 'install zip from sd card' (or internal sd card).

I haven't used checkrom before (was always on checkrom revo hd) but I imagine the themes from v4 are carried over into v6 through the kitchen, so you should still be able to download and install it.

3. heartburnron

heartburnron Member
    None

Dec 20, 2011
    Technical Analyst
    Dunbar - Scotland

Thanks Kie. I think we're talking about the same checkrom.

The games that don't work are:

Nova 2
    Modern Combat 2
    Spiderman total mayhem.

Looking at the xda forums there are others experiencing the same issues with these games on ics.