• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

back to older android version

Nov 25, 2018
I couldn't something about it.
Possible somebody can point me in the right way.

Samsung A7, updates automatically the Android Verison, now to Android 10.
And it get from bad to worse.
And overloaded with more and more crap I don't use and don't want.
And it get fatter and slower.

I changed my usage never.
I have my browser, my apps, I do what I do.
And I don't want with every "update" more and more apps I don't use, I don't like, I don't want.

So I would like to go back to Android 4 or 5.

A friend at my old living place changed one time my old phone back from Android 8 to Android 5.
But the contact broke up and I can't do that myself.

So, (almost) simple question :
Is there a possibility to help to delete Android 10 from my Samsung A7 and to install something like Android 5 or better 4 ?

And before the discussion started, I don't care what is better or not.
I don't like the way Android goes.
It's like Windows from good to bad to the catastrophy with win8 and win 10.
Android goes the same way.

I want a Android lite.
4 or 5 would be my choice.

Any ideas?

Reactions: Xavier Black
Sorry to inform you that you only downgrade to the lowest version that came with your device and if the newer firmware has a higher aboot partition (fused) you will be prevented from downgrading your bootloader and modem as well.

I believe the lowest possible version on a Samsung A7 would be Android 8.

Anytime I factory reset or flash firmwares, I stop automatic updates in Google PS. It really helps save space and I still have the option to update any app I choose.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you have a lot of bloatware (er, "featured apps" installed on your phone by the manufacturer or your carrier) you can usually either uninstall or disable them. Go to Settings -- Apps -- (3 dots upper right) -- Show system apps and scroll along. As you get to an app you don't want, like Candy Crush, tap on it and use the uninstall or disable option to remove it.

CAUTION! If you aren't sure what something is, leave it alone! These are SYSTEM applications and removing the wrong thing may render your device unusable.

Upvote 0
I had somebody at my old place where I lived.
He dosngraded my last mobile with a software on his laptop, a free android version from the internet, rooting (whatever that means) the mobile, connected it with the laptop and installed the other android version, with changing something so my old mobile never updated.
And when I tried to update (we have done a test) it said I have the newest update.
So we installed Android 4 on a Samsung Galaxy delivered with Android 6.
And that is what I like to do again.

Sorry to inform you that you only downgrade to the lowest version that came with your device and if the newer firmware has a higher aboot partition (fused) you will be prevented from downgrading your bootloader and modem as well.

I believe the lowest possible version on a Samsung A7 would be Android 8.

Anytime I factory reset or flash firmwares, I stop automatic updates in Google PS. It really helps save space and I still have the option to update any app I choose.

Upvote 0
I don't like Android 10 and love Android 4 and could live with Android 5.
Android 10 is crap.
That's all.

If you have a lot of bloatware (er, " apps" installed on your phone by the manufacturer or your carrier) you can usually either uninstall or disable them. Go to Settings -- Apps -- (3 dots upper right) -- Show system apps and scroll along. As you get to an app you don't want, like Candy Crush, tap on it and use the uninstall or disable option to remove it.

CAUTION! If you aren't sure what something is, leave it alone! These are SYSTEM applications and removing the wrong thing may render your device unusable.

Upvote 0
I had somebody at my old place where I lived.
He dosngraded my last mobile with a software on his laptop, a free android version from the internet, rooting (whatever that means) the mobile, connected it with the laptop and installed the other android version, with changing something so my old mobile never updated.
And when I tried to update (we have done a test) it said I have the newest update.
So we installed Android 4 on a Samsung Galaxy delivered with Android 6.
And that is what I like to do again.

Yes Im very familiar with the process. The program on pc is called Odin. :) Its used to be much easier to root Android years ago but not today. The security on new devices is much better than that of years past. In fact thats why I refuse to get a newer Android. I refuse to give up an unlocked bootloader and custum recovery and especially root but thats just me :)

Upvote 0
hey, um, excuse me, MrJavi, um, ah, ...m.. what is this, um, Odin program that, you um, mentioned earlier?
and uhh..., where could one find it, if, um, one was so inclined?

Hello @Team WorldTour :)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.xda-developers.com/update-firmware-any-samsung-phone/?amp

https://odindownload.com/mobile/

Downgrading Samsung firmware has its limitations. Attempting to flashing a firmware with a lower bootloader will result in an "sw rev check" Odin fail.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, well, I've got a handful of Cats that I want to play with. Mostly to see what I can 'Mad Scientist' into creation, but also to learn from my failures!
maybe see if you can root it as well. this will give you more access to the system files and partitions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones