• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Back to the DINC, kinda ;)

Steven58

Former Heavyweight Champion of AF-Early Bird Club
Feb 19, 2010
USA
Well,

For Best Buy FREE PHONE FRIDAYS, I got my daughter a DInc! :) So, I'm back to the family, kinda. I still have my DX. :)

Anyway, for those of you who have been here awhile, you know that I got my Dinc when it first came out, then became a turncoat and traded it in for the DX.

I don't think I'll root her phone, because she will be in college and won't know what to do if she gets in trouble. ;)

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaack... kinda.:D

Steven

I think you should reconsider your stance on rooting it. There are so many roms for the inc. that I am sure you would have a blast with it.

My daughter's not a geek. She'll use her time wisely to study, not to learn about all of this. If she wants to, fine, if not, not.

I'm sure he would but it's for his teenage daughter. If it were my daughter, I'd like her to be able to walk into any verizon store and ask for help if something goes wrong with the phone.

exactly

Yup. What he said.

yup

Nice to see that you're back (lurking) in our neighborhood.

I never really left. I'm still a dinc fan.

The whole rooting+ROM is pretty stable nowadays.

Yeah, unless you get into trouble and you don't know what you're doing. I can hear it now... ."Daaaaaaad?" ;)

Which one do you like better? Incredible or X?

I love the incredible, but I'd have to say I love the x more. I love swype. The screen on the x is brighter than both the dinc and the fascinate. The only screen brighter than the x is the bb torch. Amoled and Super Amoled are great for depths of colors, but the screens aren't as bright with text. I just love my X. I like the big screen. Having said that? I do love the dinc nd wouldn't have bought it for my daughter if I woudn't use it myself. I would say it's neck and neck with the x and the dinc. i don't like the fascinate.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones