1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Back to where it belongs!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by misterchop, May 7, 2011.

1. misterchop

misterchop Lurker
    None

Nov 29, 2010
    Hi, I have recently flashed my sgs to Gingerbread 2.3.3, on entering *#1234# it now shows PDA: I9000XXJVK, Phone I9000XXJVK, CSC I9000XXJVK, Build info : sun mar 20 14:46:30 KST 2011.

I would love to return my phone back to stock firmware so I can officially upgrade by Kies, the main reason being I had my phone rooted and lagfixed with a Quadrant score of 2010, my gingerbread enabled phone now has a score of 980, significantly slower than before.

I have on numerous occasions tried to root it using super one click....No good, just keeps hanging, and I have also tried using Odin....phone bricked 3 times so far using different methods!!!

So, unless I can find a working method to root, I would prefr to return to Froyo 2.2 so I can use one click and lagfix and wait for the " official " gingerbread roll out.

Any help greatly appreciated...

Advertisement

2. MAKFOTO

MAKFOTO Member
    None

Jul 30, 2010
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by misterchop [​IMG]
    Hi, I have recently flashed my sgs to Gingerbread 2.3.3, on entering *#1234# it now shows PDA: I9000XXJVK, Phone I9000XXJVK, CSC I9000XXJVK, Build info : sun mar 20 14:46:30 KST 2011.

I would love to return my phone back to stock firmware so I can officially upgrade by Kies, the main reason being I had my phone rooted and lagfixed with a Quadrant score of 2010, my gingerbread enabled phone now has a score of 980, significantly slower than before.

I have on numerous occasions tried to root it using super one click....No good, just keeps hanging, and I have also tried using Odin....phone bricked 3 times so far using different methods!!!

So, unless I can find a working method to root, I would prefr to return to Froyo 2.2 so I can use one click and lagfix and wait for the " official " gingerbread roll out.

Any help greatly appreciated...

Why not go to the latest GB JVH Rom and then root it?
    Unfortunately CF root doesn't work well with it but this method does: -

How to root and install busybox:
    * Download Odin version of FuguRoot: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1010141 (Remember to thank nikademus for his excellent work!)
    * Download and extract the original and untouched Kernel:
    XWJVH Kernel: Download (5.6 MB) (Double-Click to extract)
    XWJVB Kernel: Download (5.6 MB) (Double-Click to extract)
    XWJVA Kernel: Download (5.6 MB) (Double-Click to extract)
    XXJVK Kernel: Download (5.6 MB) (Double-Click to extract)

* Flash zImage-root tar file as PDA with no pit and no re-partition, let the phone boot until it enters charging mode then disconnect the phone.
    * Re-enter Download Mode
    * Load the extracted original Kernel tar file as PDA only, no pit and no re-partition, connect the phone and flash the original Kernel.
    * Done!
    Enjoy your SGS.