• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Back Up and/or Developer

I need help!!! With the stock HTC/Android Voice Recorder App.
The app came on my HTC One M9 and HTC says it's a stock Android app. Google says it's an HTC app. I recorded a extremely important conversation with it and it said it was saved but I was dumb and didn't get it off my phone. Apparently the app rewrights over old recording without letting the owner know. I desperately need to recover this recording. It's my a matter of saving my life's work.
Here is a picture of the icon.
htc-one-m9-screenshot-3_1.jpg

That's a HTC app: the package name is com.htc.soundrecorder. Unfortunately I've never used it so don't have any experience of its behaviour.

Was it set to store to removable SD or internal storage? If SD you can try sticking it in a card reader and using file recovery software. If it's internal that's much more problematic.

I cannot think why the app would write over old recordings (you only do this if you have a fixed amount of storage for the app). But if it has actually overwritten the old recordings, as opposed to simply deleting them, then I don't think that anything short of a forensic data recovery service even stands a chance of recovering them.

Upvote 0
When the App updated last time it reset all the settings back to stock, and changed the storage setting back to phone storage. And the app appears to have only a set amount of memory it uses.
I don't have a problem with going to a professional data recovery company. But most of them seem to specialize in computer hard drives, not phones.
Do you know of any Data Recovery Companies that specialize in Android Phones???(especially HTCs)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones