• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Back up and restore

That sucks. I always export mine to my SIM as an extra precaution. I'd recommend doing that...right from the phonebook, menu options, export. You can put them on the SIM or SD.

Yeah, this is what I do too (to the SD though). The main reason is that any time I tried to back up my contacts with Backup & Restore, the backup would fail to finish. Importing from the SD is really easy and all my contacts were there.

Upvote 0
Great stuff. Updated up to 2.1 and backed up all my contacts beforehand and only to lose 90% of them when running 2.1!!!!!

This phone has a been a fecking nightmare from day one!!!!! Sony Ericsson hang your heads in shame!!!!

SE released a new backup and restore app (in advance of the OS update) last month. It actually backs up your data and apps AND IT WORKS. Too bad they never told anyone.

Upvote 0
Just backup your contacts from within your phonebook and import them from there. I went through hell trying to retrieve my contacts through backup and restore only to discover that I could import them from within the contacts menu. Problem solved.
Sony Ericsson did a very poor job in several aspects of this update; release date, contacts issue, bluetooth, plus a few others that are still causing people headaches.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones