1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Back up Apps from ASTRO File Manager?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by oalvarez, Jan 22, 2010.

1. oalvarez

oalvarez Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    California, USA
    I need to know how to download my apps from ASTRO File Mgr.

To make a long post short, my Hero would refuse to connect to the network. I called Sprint, I had to do a bunch of resets and what not.

I ended up getting no where with them, fix the issue myself.

Now I just need to know how to restore my apps! I really don't know how to use ASTRO. But I see that my apps are in their, when I re-downloaded Astro File Manager.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Advertisement

2. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

Bummer. Open Astro > Menu > Tools > Application Manager/Backup > Hit the "Backed Up Apps" tab at the top > Check off any apps you want to and hit the "Install" button.

Just so you know, these installs will not show up in "Market" > "My Downloads" and thus you wont be able to easily update them.

3. oalvarez

oalvarez Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    California, USA
    Thanks, Do you know if the apps get automatically saved to the Astro is there a way I can saved them onto my Astro in case I ever have to do this again.

4. eyebeam

Glad I could help. I don't think they auto-save. To back them up, hit the "installed Apps" tab, check off the ones you want and hit the "Backup" button. This stores the backed-up .apk files in - Sd card > backups > apps.

5. xThaNaturalx

xThaNaturalx Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Student
    East Lansing
    I have all my apps backed up to the SD card with Astro, and they all show up as backed up. I have the Captivate, and when I try and install them from the SD to the phone memory, it says "For security, your phone is set to block installation of applications not sourced in Android Market". I went through all my security and any other settings, but could't find any way to change it. Anyone have any ideas?

6. eyebeam

Not sure if it's the same on your phone, but on the Hero, it's: Settings > Applications > Unknown Sources.

Tags: