1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Back up more than one ROM?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Parsen66, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Parsen66

Parsen66 Newbie

I took the plunge and rooted, all went smoothly. I have backed up the original rom and download/installed a Ginger villian ROM.

I want to try out a third, but, if I do a back up in recovery will this overwrite the original or save a new version so I end up with more than one back up I can revert back to?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

You can backup numerous times

Parsen66 likes this.
  3. Parsen66

Parsen66 Newbie

And that will keep each different ROM that I use and NOT overwrite existing version??

4. rtb35

rtb35 Android Enthusiast

yep thats right.

5. deakodude

deakodude Member

How much space/memory will be taken up backing up numerous roms ?

6. SUroot

Depends. If you have an ext partition, it would be bigger than without. I don't have one and mine is about 450 MB

7. rtb35

rtb35 Android Enthusiast

I have an ext partition and my backup is 740mb.

8. ducky1979

ducky1979 Android Expert

If space is an issue on your card, you can always perform the backup and then transfer it to your PC. Then put it into a folder named with which rom it is and that's it, then if you want to restore it just pop it back into your card and restore. Easy,
    its in a file called clockwork and your backup is in a sub folder of the same name.

Parsen66 likes this.
  9. Parsen66

Parsen66 Newbie

Thanks for all your comments and help. You were of course correct BUT it does not save them with the name of the ROM only the date the back up was done.

I like the suggestion about saving them to the PC, nice.

10. SUroot

We didn't say it did backup with the name of the Rom. I didn't see you ask if it did either

11. ducky1979

ducky1979 Android Expert

With regard to the name of the rom. I meant create a new folder on your PC called for instance, redux rom, and save it in there so you know which nandroid it is.

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews