• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Back-up Unlock phones lock screen

Socialhacker

Lurker
Sep 19, 2020
I have a Samsung J6 and activated the pattern lock screen for the first time.
I used the pattern that I had set to unlock the phone with and the phone will not unlock no matter what the given variation of pattern I try. Is there a way to get a password sent to my email or some sort of forgot password feature on phones. I looked up the software to unlock android phones and besides the price being to expensive for one unlock. Some unlock software wipes the phone to unlock it. (stupid)

There are two possibilities. The first is to continue to try and unlock the phone with the wrong pattern until it prompts you for your password. On many phones you will then enter the Google account password to unlock it. Be advised, however, that on SOME phone, too many bad attempts will also issue a factory reset. I'm not sure where Samsung fits in there.

Another option would be to log into your Google account on a PC and use the find phone option to issue a lock request. Then I believe the only way to unlock it would be the account password and not the pattern.

Upvote 0
Some unlock software wipes the phone to unlock it. (stupid)
just wanted to add to this comment.......it is not stupid. you would not be saying this, if your phone got stolen and a thief used that program to unlock your phone. you should be glad to know that if an unwanted attempt to unlock your phone, your data will be safe.

this is why i never use patterns. i have seen it here too many times to trust it. i prefer a pin code.

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0
There are two possibilities. The first is to continue to try and unlock the phone with the wrong pattern until it prompts you for your password. On many phones you will then enter the Google account password to unlock it. Be advised, however, that on SOME phone, too many bad attempts will also issue a factory reset. I'm not sure where Samsung fits in there.

Another option would be to log into your Google account on a PC and use the find phone option to issue a lock request. Then I believe the only way to unlock it would be the account password and not the pattern.
I have tried many times and see no account login. How do I use account login from pc? Also your find my phone method locks phone so stranger can not access it. It does not unlock it.

Upvote 0
I have tried many times and see no account login. How do I use account login from pc? Also your find my phone method locks phone so stranger can not access it. It does not unlock it.

It is usually 10 or 15 consecutive bad attempts that bring up the prompt for Google credentials. I'm not sure if Samsung would change that.

To log into your Google account on your PC (not your phone) go to https://myaccount.google.com/ and login. Yes, you want to issue a request for a remote phone lock. Then you will need to enter your google password on the phone to unlock it. This should get you past the pattern lock.

Reactions: MrJavi and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
It is usually 10 or 15 consecutive bad attempts that bring up the prompt for Google credentials. I'm not sure if Samsung would change that.

To log into your Google account on your PC (not your phone) go to https://myaccount.google.com/ and login. Yes, you want to issue a request for a remote phone lock. Then you will need to enter your google password on the phone to unlock it. This should get you past the pattern lock.
How do I send recovery request. this has place for setting up recovery info. I did lock my device and no way to unlock with google password.

Upvote 0
How do I send recovery request. this has place for setting up recovery info. I did lock my device and no way to unlock with google password.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-20 at 12.06.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-20 at 12.06.10 PM.png
    177.6 KB · Views: 226
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones