1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Back up your sd card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mr. Ed, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

Just a general warning...mainly because this has never happened on any of our phones.

My External SD card that came with the Thrill died yesterday.

I started getting a message that it was not formatted, incorrect file system. Nothing will read it, nothing will format it.

This just happened out of the blue. Fortunately nothing important was on there

so, take 5 minutes to back up your external to a computer on a somewhat regular basis.

Advertisement

2. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

good deal. i have the sd that came with the phone as a back up. But like you said.....everyone should back up their phone memory. I use my Captivate as my back up storage. Every picture, app, song and video that's on my Thrill is on my Captivate.

3. ultradroid

ultradroid So many android phones...

Why another phone, rather than your PC?

-Mike

4. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

My captivate pretty much is just in my center console of my car. I only use it when I go the the gym or do yard work. Anyway to answer your question its easier for me. It mobile and can be taken anywhere.

5. OceanHaze627

OceanHaze627 Newbie

Good heads up. I haven't run into any problems with my SD card yet, but I'll be sure to back it up anyway.

6. Mr. Ed

I am still trying to find if it is the phone or what....I have now ruined the card that came with, it won't read a 4gb that I have at all (though that one works in windows) and it is hit or miss with a brand new card I bought tonight

7. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

Has to be the phone. If it works on your PC. I had an issue with my simcard. Didn't wanna read it in my Thrill but in my Captivate it would. I ended up cleaning off the terminals and it finally worked.

8. Mr. Ed

well...I am not thrilled to say that it went back to target today...between the sd card issue (it ate 3 cards...literally destroyed them, unreadable on any device) and the lack of gb update I took it back and will save my upgrade for later.....

possibly an LTE phone, maybe another thrill

time will tell

9. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

So what device are u using now?

10. Mr. Ed

Infuse

11. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

I envy thy screen but hate Samsung for the short late froyo update with the captivate. I'm hearing the infuse was due in august. I'm sure your rooted though.

12. blaquenoise

blaquenoise Lurker

That's why they make portable hard drives.

Tags: