1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Back with Samsung and from Big Red to Big Blue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TexandroidSS, Mar 19, 2018.

1. TexandroidSS

TexandroidSS Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 20, 2016
    Male
    I haven't posted in a long time, since the "banging" Note 7 and slightly after my LG V20 purchase. For whatever reason, my LG V20 has been acting really peculiar of late. Apps were constantly crashing, calls weren't being connected, text wasn't coming through. The LG was plagued by good ole Verizon's "Security updates". On the forums I was advised that after a security update, I'd have to restore my phone after backing it up. It was a laborious process and made ownership a little underwhelming. There were some good features on the V20. The audio was great, even though I never really had any HD audio to take advantage of the phone's processor.

Yesterday, I stumbled upon a great deal for a Galaxy S9+ ($200 Costco Cash Card + $395 in AT&T Bill Credits) so I figured now was my chance to get out from under "Big Red". In talking to AT&T chat yesterday, they said that any ETFs that are charged to me by Verizon, I could forward them to AT&T and get reimbursed. I figured with the great deal I posted above, I'd be crazy not to take them up on their offer. So here I am, back into a Samsung, which I swore I wouldn't be after the Note 7 headache. About the only concern I have is I was paying $140 for 2 lines with Verizon (only ported 1 line over). I am on an "unlimited" plan with AT&T but my first month's bill may be a little more expensive than my Verizon bill was. I guess I'll find out in a few weeks what to expect. I'm hoping "Big Blue" is easier to live with than "Big Red" was.

Advertisement