• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Backflip stuck at white screen with moto logo

greystealth

Lurker
Mar 25, 2010
I was messing around with the camera and suddenly it goes to the White Screen with the Motorola logo in the middle. Its just stuck there. I've pulled the battery for at least 30 minutes, tried holding down, up, camera, while turning the phone on, no luck. Every time I power it up its just the same white screen. It's doing nothing.

Are there any other manual methods of resetting this thing? Anything that can be done through the USB cable?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Maybe you will have to do a 'Hard Phone Reset'

1/ Switch off the phone (either removing the battery or shutting down by holding the "end call" button for few seconds
2/ While being switched off, hold the "home" (house) and "back" (the arrow in the lower right corner)
3/ Hit briefly the "end call" button" while still holding the "home" and "back" buttons.
4/ Release the "home" and "back" button, a white screen containing technical information should appear, with a red message asking for hitting the "menu" button.
5/ Hit the "menu button", the Hero will now boot with factory settings.

Factory settings means that all information stored on the ROM (NOT your SD memory card) will be cleared.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones