1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Backflip stuck at white screen with moto logo

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by greystealth, Mar 25, 2010.

1. greystealth

greystealth New Member

Mar 25, 2010
    I was messing around with the camera and suddenly it goes to the White Screen with the Motorola logo in the middle. Its just stuck there. I've pulled the battery for at least 30 minutes, tried holding down, up, camera, while turning the phone on, no luck. Every time I power it up its just the same white screen. It's doing nothing.

Are there any other manual methods of resetting this thing? Anything that can be done through the USB cable?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Norfolk, UK
    Maybe you will have to do a 'Hard Phone Reset'

1/ Switch off the phone (either removing the battery or shutting down by holding the "end call" button for few seconds
    2/ While being switched off, hold the "home" (house) and "back" (the arrow in the lower right corner)
    3/ Hit briefly the "end call" button" while still holding the "home" and "back" buttons.
    4/ Release the "home" and "back" button, a white screen containing technical information should appear, with a red message asking for hitting the "menu" button.
    5/ Hit the "menu button", the Hero will now boot with factory settings.

Factory settings means that all information stored on the ROM (NOT your SD memory card) will be cleared.

3. greystealth

greystealth New Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Don't think this will work since on the backflip the home and back buttons are on the touch screen. They are not physical buttons. The screen is useless at this startup screen :(

4. nayar311

nayar311 New Member

Mar 29, 2010
    I'm having the same problem... but my phone does boot up back up.
    Not sure what's the problem... can somebody give a suggestion...

5. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Student
    Houston, TX
    Yea. Get rid of it.

IMO the Backflip is one of the worse Android phones ever made. I would rather continue to use the G1, with its little internal memory, than ever use the Backflip.

6. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Male
    Mad Scientist! MUAHAHAHA!
    Richmond, TX
    I'm very surprised that motorola sold any of those backflips. It's a weird design, actually more of a gimmick then design for me. :)

7. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Student
    Houston, TX
    +1 for that.

IMO, it was a feeble attempt for ATT to capture a piece of the growing Android market.