1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Background app / lock screen (HELP)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jmwilson, Jan 10, 2010.

1. jmwilson

jmwilson Newbie

I've downloaded the backgrounds app for my eris, works well for home screen backgrounds. Now I am trying to get it to work for my lockscreen and am hitting a brick wall.

I tried:

backgrounds app> select picture> save> it says "image has been saved to SD in background directory"....

So I go home>menu>settings>personalize>lockscreen> it says "no photos found"

Then I tried using my current background (the one I want as a lockscreen):

home>menu>wallpaper>apply to:lockscreen> it says "no photos found"

wtf. I need some help here.

2. jmwilson

jmwilson Newbie

3. jmwilson

jmwilson Newbie

On the select an album, it says "no photos found" ? I know I have saved them though in the "background directory".

hmm...

4. jmwilson

jmwilson Newbie

must not. Is that necessary? And if so, how does one do it?

5. jmwilson

jmwilson Newbie

Well I've downloaded this astro app, so I can see my files. I now see that I have files saved in my background folder. The question is... how to get them to a photo album so I can use them as a lockscreen.

6. jmwilson

jmwilson Newbie

Ok.... this should not be this hard, lol.

I have no synced my eris to my pc, made a folder under dcmi called photos, dragged my desired background image there to be placed as my lockscreen wallpaper.

I figured this would be an "album". No. I go to setting>personalize>lockscreen wallpaper> "no photos found"

It does not recognize my folder I made.

No idea, this shouldnt be this hard.

7. I had this same problem with the Backgrounds app. I would save the pictures from the app but when I tried to set them as my lockscreen wallpaper I couldn't find them. I found a quick solution.

When you save the files from the app to your SD card, it saves them with the file suffix ".png" -- I just opened these picture files on my computer then clicked "Save as" and saved them as jpeg files (.jpg) and put them back on my phone. Now all the pictures I changed are albe to be set as any of your lockscreen wallpapers or homescreen wallapers.

Hope this helps:)

8. jmwilson

jmwilson Newbie

Still nothing. I tried doing this and saving them under the background folder, under dcmi, under media... nothing. Does not show up, only camera shots show up.

9. jmwilson

jmwilson Newbie

Any other suggestions, minus taking picture of what I want as a lockscreen and doing it that way? lol

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews