1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Background app refresh?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Notgreatatcomputers, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Notgreatatcomputers

None

May 16, 2018
    I have a question I can't find an answer to. I was on a gambling site at home on chrome on my phone, and I didn't quit it when I was finished, I left it and it was in the background in my recent application list. I was wondering that when I went into work the next day, (more than 24 hours later) would background app refresh, refresh the betting page on my work wifi. We are not allowed to be on gambling websites so would it turned up on their wifi history. I didn't go on the website in work at all and I didn't even open chrome. Would love an answer as I can't seem to find one. Thanks again.

Advertisement

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Android Expert

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Graphics Manager / Sales
    USA
    They may have the websites blocked at your work.
    If you never opened chrome at work you should be okay

3. Notgreatatcomputers

None

May 16, 2018
    Yes the site is blocked at work. Just worried that the gambling site would refresh in the backgrond even though it was a whole day later. Ya I didn't go into it in chrome so I presumed I was ok but just reading about background app refresh has made me wonder if it did refresh in the background. During background app refresh does the app refresh in the background (chrome) or the site/page that you are in in the app refresh (gambling site).

#3 Notgreatatcomputers, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018

OnePlus 3

The OnePlus 3 was first revealed on June 14, 2016 and the company gave away 30,000 phones during the event. The OnePlus 3 is powered by the Snapdragon 820 processor, features 6GB of RAM, and 64GB of storage. Following criticism of the removal of NFC on the OnePlus 2, OnePlus included NFC for the OnePlus 3.