• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Background Data issue

Lately my phone has stopped syncing everything seemingly at random. The first time it happened, I went into accounts and sync and for some reason background data was unchecked. So I turned it back on and everything synced back up. But now, once every other day or so, I'll notice I haven't gotten updates or go into the market and get the "background data needs to be enabled" message, and when I go into accounts and sync, background data is still checked. The only way that I have been able to get it working again is turn it off, turn it back on and restart my phone. No clue what the problem would be.

Any thoughts or recommendations? Thanks in advance

I did...but have deleted them all, and still have the problem. Every other day or so I have to go thru that process to get updates to show up, and I don't like getting like 30 updates at once.

Also I am not rooted, if that matters.

Edit: Well I was not rooted, until tonight, when I finally decided to do it using the revolutionary method since it seemed so easy. I had been intimidated by previous methods I had seen, but this was easy as hell. Now to find the right rom...

I guess now that I am rooted, maybe I won't have this problem any more. We shall see.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones