• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Background images bad quality

ive noticed when i download wallpapers from any website had has GREAT resolution lets say1440X900, and its crystal clear (im not DL a thumb nail or anything) then when i save the file and add it as wallpaper it look TERRIBLE...and im cropping the entire picture too. another thing that i wanted to know is when i choose a picture from the internet "set as wallpaper" where the HELL does this picture go to? or where is it being saved? I swear ive check every folder i have and cant find it. its not in downloaded, downloads, wallpaper, anywhere. Please help me out. thanks.:cool:

Hello ScottyBones.

Wallpapers aren't stored in a folder, unless the user creates one for that purpose and copies them to that folder.

Moving them from their default storage point, which is usually in the app itself that acquired them, can cause problems, not the least of which is inaccessibility.

Grabbing pics from wallpaper/background sites can be tricky, because the resolution and pixel count don't usually translate well to a hand held device unless the pics are made for that type of device. That's why it's a good idea to do a search on "wallpapers backgrounds android" rather than "wallpapers."

The very best way to go, in my opinion, is to snag a wallpaper app from Market; those are most often perfect for the device being used.

Upvote 0
Hello ScottyBones.

Wallpapers aren't stored in a folder, unless the user creates one for that purpose and copies them to that folder.

Moving them from their default storage point, which is usually in the app itself that acquired them, can cause problems, not the least of which is inaccessibility.

Grabbing pics from wallpaper/background sites can be tricky, because the resolution and pixel count don't usually translate well to a hand held device unless the pics are made for that type of device. That's why it's a good idea to do a search on "wallpapers backgrounds android" rather than "wallpapers."

The very best way to go, in my opinion, is to snag a wallpaper app from Market; those are most often perfect for the device being used.

+1

I use the Backgrounds app from the Market. It saves your saved wallpapers to a folder named Background that you can view/open in your Gallery. Huge selection and easy to use.

Upvote 0
Hey thanks alot guys. I will either dl them from an app or dl them from my pc then transfer them to my phone. Although one thing I've noticed is that when I go to a site and select "set as wallpaper" the image works flawlessly with no degrade in quality. Whichbrought me to my original question that nk one answered.....where is that file being stored?? Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones