1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Background images bad quality

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scottybones, Feb 19, 2011.

1. scottybones

scottybones Member
    None

Dec 22, 2010
    Tech Support/IT
    Orlando, FL
    ive noticed when i download wallpapers from any website had has GREAT resolution lets say1440X900, and its crystal clear (im not DL a thumb nail or anything) then when i save the file and add it as wallpaper it look TERRIBLE...and im cropping the entire picture too. another thing that i wanted to know is when i choose a picture from the internet "set as wallpaper" where the HELL does this picture go to? or where is it being saved? I swear ive check every folder i have and cant find it. its not in downloaded, downloads, wallpaper, anywhere. Please help me out. thanks.:cool:

Advertisement

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Hello ScottyBones.

Wallpapers aren't stored in a folder, unless the user creates one for that purpose and copies them to that folder.

Moving them from their default storage point, which is usually in the app itself that acquired them, can cause problems, not the least of which is inaccessibility.

Grabbing pics from wallpaper/background sites can be tricky, because the resolution and pixel count don't usually translate well to a hand held device unless the pics are made for that type of device. That's why it's a good idea to do a search on "wallpapers backgrounds android" rather than "wallpapers."

The very best way to go, in my opinion, is to snag a wallpaper app from Market; those are most often perfect for the device being used.

3. BookLover

BookLover Android Expert
    None

Oct 11, 2010
    USA
    +1

I use the Backgrounds app from the Market. It saves your saved wallpapers to a folder named Background that you can view/open in your Gallery. Huge selection and easy to use.

4. scottybones

scottybones Member
    None

Dec 22, 2010
    Tech Support/IT
    Orlando, FL
    Hey thanks alot guys. I will either dl them from an app or dl them from my pc then transfer them to my phone. Although one thing I've noticed is that when I go to a site and select "set as wallpaper" the image works flawlessly with no degrade in quality. Whichbrought me to my original question that nk one answered.....where is that file being stored?? Thanks

5. BookLover

BookLover Android Expert
    None

Oct 11, 2010
    USA
    Search your Gallery, it should show up in there. Note the folder name you find it in, then use a file manager to look for that file in your sd card.

6. scottybones

scottybones Member
    None

Dec 22, 2010
    Tech Support/IT
    Orlando, FL
    Sorry man its not in my gallery, this is y its mind boggling to me

7. BookLover

BookLover Android Expert
    None

Oct 11, 2010
    USA
    Look on your SD card for a folder called Downloads. Could be there. I know my browser sometimes saves files there.