1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Background running

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dazvanman, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Dazvanman

Dazvanman Lurker

Morning all, after slowly being weened off apple and onto android I would like if possible something of a bug of mine clearing up on my Samsung Galaxy S4!

I recently downloaded from the Play store a 'Go cleaner & task manager' app

In the app window on my home screen I can 'Zap' certain programmes running and then it says my phone status is healthy! My question is why do certain apps/programmes then start to run again even when I haven't picked my phone up to start/do anything?

Please Help - thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SebaKL

SebaKL Android Enthusiast

Many of the apps are part of other features or apps, integrated to work together.

Keep in mind that Android is really clever in managing it resources, and just because some apps are in the background, it doesn't mean it will effect the performance or battery life of your device. Same apply to Ram memory. Just because few apps can use 80 or so % of the Ram, it doesn't work like on Windows PC. It's in fact better if they are using your Ram. Android launches an app, keeping it on standby, cooling it off when not needed, but ready and waiting for you when you request it.

Using management apps to kill background processes and clear ram, can have the opposite results. Forcing them to start from scratch, connect with network and other apps, making them slower and use more power to complete to start up process.

Unless, you noticed that some app behaves way out of character, like Play Store, using high lots of Data or staying awake for hours, then you can look for ways to troubleshoot it, otherwise, let them be :)

3. Dazvanman

Dazvanman Lurker

Many thanks for that response

4. Goodspike

Goodspike Android Expert

I would agree with SebraKL, but be a bit more direct. Uninstall that app you installed. It's worse than pointless.

5. lotus49

lotus49 Android Expert

SebaKL and Goodspike are correct. Uninstall it. These programs do more harm than good and they are completely pointless.

There are numerous threads here on the subject but the short answer is, don't worry about how many applications you have running or how much memory you are using. Android knows what it is doing.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews