1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Backing up email settings and other configs?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fergycool, Sep 8, 2009.

1. fergycool

fergycool New Member

Hi,

I just rooted and updated my HTC Hero. Fairly painless, apart from the settings. I naively assumed that My Backup Pro would backup all my data, and restore. However, all email settings and social network ones were not backed up. I understand now why this is so as it's App data, and My backup Pro does not have the correct file permissions to copy these. But I wanted to know if there is another alternative to a restore after a wipe?

In a way Contacts and the calendar are not needed to be backed up as they just get restored when you do a google sync. But I have many email addresses (work ones unfortunately) and it's a real pain entering all that data.

Any tips?

Cheers
    Ferg

Advertisement

2. DThor

DThor Active Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Any reason you don't import your work emails into google contacts, in their own group, and manage from there? That's what I do. You don't mention what you're using at work for email and how it's stored on your android...
    DT

3. fergycool

fergycool New Member

Sorry. I use IMAP for all emails (only a small company so no need for Exchange or owt like that thankfully!).

Cheers
    Ferg

Tags: