1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Backing up iTunes to Samsung Galaxy S3?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jukra, Dec 20, 2012.

1. jukra

jukra Lurker

I moronically never backed my iPhone's contacts up into a program like Google Contacts. I recently was in a rock climbing accident which left me stranded and I had to be rescued, lol. My iPhone tragically took a tumble. I've decided that instead of being stuck with an iPhone for another year on my contract that I'd shell out the money to buy a Samsung Galaxy SIII. I'm going up to the store tomorrow (I've been without a phone since Monday - dying!!!). I'm just anxious about the few hundred contacts I have being lost. Could I possibly use like my father's iPhone or a friend's iPhone, restore their phone with my backup, then backup my contacts and restore their phone back to their backup? Or is there a program that convert iTune's backup to Android?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. valorian

valorian Android Expert

Can the I phone export the contacts to a CSV file? If it can you can, Google can import and export CSV file for contacts using Gmail website.

3. Rdjr74

Rdjr74 Android Enthusiast

Does iTunes work as Google does and sync contacts automatically? If so I would assume you could check your account on a computer and see what options you have there, as the above post mentioned.

4. ronbien

ronbien Well-Known Member

If you can get your contacts on another iPhone, most carriers stores can copy them and place on android phones.
    Good luck!

5. MicroNix

MicroNix Android Enthusiast

In just doing a simple google search, I came up with this app that if you can get the contacts onto a friends' iphone, can sync them up with a gmail account.

Here's another way to do it right from iTunes it appears.

6. jukra

jukra Lurker

I found Easy Phone Sync. It worked! Thanks for the other suggestions though!!

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews