1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Backing Up Question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TheSultan, Mar 25, 2010.

1. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Operations Manager
    Rochester, NY
    Hey Guys,

I'd love to load this new leak, and currently have it downloaded and on the SD card waiting to go. However, I REALLY don't feel like reloading everything and repositioning all my icons and redownloading stuff.

So, my question is this: how "in depth" can a back up get? For instance, I have the game "Replica Island" that I've played probably 30 or so levels, I'd hate to lose all that stored information too. Can a back actually just do a complete restore after loading an OS?

Advertisement

2. Kevkelsar

Kevkelsar Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Yeah, this is what has kept me from going to the new leak. I don't want to redo all my custom icons and screen set up. It was fun the first time on 1.5, not too bad the second time when I updated to the first leak, but will just be a total chore to do it yet again. I FINALLY almost have my screens exactly how I want them.

3. TheSultan

Mar 6, 2010
    Operations Manager
    Rochester, NY
    plus, we'll be doing it again when the official comes out (provided we can even get the official now that we've adopted the leak!!)

4. bad05gtt

bad05gtt Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    factory
    Pa
    i had app brain all set up....or at least i thought i did before i did the new 2.1 leak and once i did it i lost 95 % of the things i thought i had backed up...oh well...live and learn and now trying to remember what i had on my 1.5 eris...if the official 2.1 has any additional fixes i will have to go a different way this time !!!

5. TheSultan

Mar 6, 2010
    Operations Manager
    Rochester, NY
    i don't mind downloading a few apps here and there, and really, it won't take THAT long to re-arrange them. But, I'm sooo close to beating this game!

6. bad05gtt

bad05gtt Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    factory
    Pa
    i just read on another thread that i was not suspose to download google maps until i did the app brain restore... the only problem was that it was in my downloaded history after i d/l the 2.1...i dont have a clue....i never d/l it before ????