• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Backing up SD card

Raryn

Nov 14, 2010
Is there any way to automatically back up the phone's SD card? Mine was corrupted yesterday. No big deal, there wasn't anything important on it so I just took it in to Verizon and they gave me a new one.

In the future though, that might cause me to lose some files that I actually care about, so I was wondering if there is any way that I can tell the phone to wirelessly stuff everything (including my nandroid backups) to my PC.

Is the only solution to just periodically plug it into a computer and copy over the whole card?

Is there any way to automatically back up the phone's SD card? Mine was corrupted yesterday. No big deal, there wasn't anything important on it so I just took it in to Verizon and they gave me a new one.

In the future though, that might cause me to lose some files that I actually care about, so I was wondering if there is any way that I can tell the phone to wirelessly stuff everything (including my nandroid backups) to my PC.

Is the only solution to just periodically plug it into a computer and copy over the whole card?

That's a good question. I generally fly without one, but I should have one. I b/u my sd when I switched from 16 gb to 32. What I did was to copy the contents onto my lappy through usb connection. There may be other ways, but that's what I would do.
:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones