1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Backing up to "exterior" SD card?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DragonJTS, Sep 23, 2011.

1. DragonJTS

DragonJTS Member

How to I get titanium backup to backup to the exterior sd card? Whenever I try and find locations it can backup to, the only options is the sdcard folder, but near as I can tell that's on the internal memory, and sdcard-ext is the actual sd card, but TB can't find it.

2. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye

There are two memory cards, the internal fake card at /mnt/sdcard and the one you physically put into the phone /mnt/sdcard-ext. With that TiBu normally puts the backup on the sdcard, which for our phones is the internal memory. So if you want it to backup to your external memory card, do the following:

#1 - Using any file explorer navigate to your sdcard-ext and create a folder called TitaniumBackup or any backup name you want

#2 - Open TiBu,
    #3 - hit menu
    #4 - Then select preferences
    #5 - Scroll down and select Backup folder location. It should say /mnt/sdcard/TitaniumBackup
    #6 - Press the back button, normally that would exit the menu, but does not in this case
    #7 - Press the back button again, it should now say /mnt at the top
    #8 - Scroll down and select sdcard-ext
    #9 - Scroll down and select TitaniumBackup
    #10 - Press the Use the current folder

Now your backups will be saved to your memory card :D

And if you already have backups, it will ask if you want to move them to the new location

DragonJTS likes this.

Motorola Atrix 4G Forum

The Motorola Atrix 4G release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1930mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews