1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Backing up Viber Messages

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Martin123xyz, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Martin123xyz

Martin123xyz Lurker
    None

Jan 21, 2014
    Hello everybody,

I am hoping someone can help me out with backing up my Viber conversation history. From what I gather, the only way Viber allows you to preserve your messages is by allowing you to mail them to yourself. Indeed, when I go to settings, there is an option called "E-mail Message History". However, when I press the button, a pop-up appears (if that is the right term) saying that a back-up file is being prepared. Then, the file is purportedly being prepared for an inconveniently long time, and the pop-up disappears. However, nothing happens afterwards. I am not prompted to enter an e-mail dress, I am not presented any created file, and I do not receive any messages. There are no options provide, except clicking the "E-mail Message History" button again. When I do this, the same thing happens all over again.

I have tried using an application called "Backup Text for Viber" but ever since I downloaded it a while ago, it has been "loading message history", and not allowing me to do anything. Namely, when I activate it, there is an unresponsive screen with a pop-up saying that the history is loading. In conclusion, this application isn't working either.

Could someone help me in solving either of these two problems, such that I may finally back up my Viber conversation in whatever type of document on my computer? In fact, I am not really interested in solving the above two problems - if you can provide any alternative solution as to how I can back up my messages, I am not particularly interested in getting the "E-mail Message History" button or the "Backup Text for Viber" application to work. By the way, I only have messages on my cellphone, HTC One, and not on my computer (because all of my Viber messages on my computer regrettably disappear, though I have not determined when - either when I restart the computer or when I log out of Viber itself inadvertently), so I am looking for help specific to cellphones.

Thank you in advance

P.S. I hope I am not violating any principles or policies of this forum - I am new and have not acquainted myself with its workings.

Advertisement