• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Backing up with TWRP

iram

Android Enthusiast
Aug 9, 2012
www.irasattic.com
Im sure just doing something wrong...however Im finding if I try to backup all to internal memory it doesnt work due lack of internal memory. I can back up to SD card but what good does that due if card stops working (see my other post on this) So not sure how to effectively backup everything system,data etc

Well tried compression and system/boot only....still no good....not enough internal space....I gather still need to back up all to sd card and hope it doesnt break like my previous one ....if you back up to sdcard and that breaks then whats the purpose of it all.....I do periodically save a cpy of sdcard contents to pc as backup.....I wonder if theres a way to back up phone to pc sort of twrp to pc????

Upvote 0
The key to any effective backup strategy is redundancy. Multiple copies in multiple locations because there's always the chance of the backup media failing. I think there's a way of doing a backup through adb, but I don't know how off hand. You could try using DP Tools... it has a backup function, but it didn't work when I tried it. I very well could have done something wrong.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones