1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Backlogged texts/no incoming texts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by elmoosh, Jan 1, 2012.

1. elmoosh

elmoosh Newbie
    None

Nov 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Hi guys, I've mentioned this before in another thread but wanted to make a new thread to see if this is happening to anyone else. Starting about two weeks after I got the Warp, every few days I wouldn't get any texts for hours until I rebooted and then they all came in at once. It's been happening more and more and now rebooting won't even work. They either all come in when they feel like it, or not at all.

I did the update, I did a factory reset, I wiped almost all my apps, and it's still happening. I haven't called Boost yet because I wanted to see if this is a common problem and maybe someone else has already called them. I'm not a very patient woman when it comes to dealing with unhelpful customer service people and I've heard that Boost's are some of the worst!

Advertisement

2. marca

marca Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 20, 2011
    NY, NY
    i wish i could help you with this but i haven't experienced this issue, have been sending texts , audio and video files all with no issue, email also appears to be working fine as well sorry. hope you can get yours sorted out quickly.

elmoosh likes this.
  3. Delvien

Delvien Member
    None

Nov 27, 2011
    I have experienced the same thing but I havent had a chance to call boost to properly get it sorted.

I cannot receive texts while 3g is on, until i make a phone call or reboot, but if I turn on CDMA (1x) it will receive texts no problem.

I think they have something messed up. Ill let you know when I get my issue resolved.

elmoosh likes this.
  4. Marknderm

Marknderm Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 6, 2011
    Being nosey... LOL
    Altoona, Pa
    while you are sitting around doing nothing, try to send your self texts after you set your phone setting differently each time. then you can see if it may just be a setting or something else. on your home screen put your power control widget there so its easy for you to make switches, when you need to. This ain't much but it will at least tell you if maybe you just don't have the right settings or maybe you will have to do what I do, turn off 3g while Im at home and just use the WiFi... also check to see if you have data turned on in your 3g settings..... settings >wireless & networks> mobile networks > Data enabled... that may also help you.

5. cartersball

cartersball Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 13, 2011
    Male
    Restaurant Manager
    NC
    The only time this ever happened to me I had purposely changed the settings in wireless networks to evdo only. Had to change it back to CDMA/EVDO.