• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Backorder Blues

Dolmangar

Android Enthusiast
Feb 4, 2010
DC Metro Area - USA
Hi All,
Quite a number of people have had their N4s for a week or so now. I'm still a member of the Back-Order group. I've sent some emails to support and they still don't have a date.

I received this email this morning:
"I understand how it's important to know when your device will arrive to you. I don't have exact date of when they will be shipped out. I do apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks for being patient."

My goal isn't to start a thread about complaining, just to share information on what everyone is hearing from Google. I'm being patient, but would really like to get my new phone so I can join in the fun.

so i called google they still have no idea's to when its coming. The reps are uninformed ah well I'll just wait till next Friday i guess since the 3 weeks started the Friday after orders where received I'm having doubts I'll get mine till then now :-\
btw email i received after calling them ....
"
Thank you for contacting Google Play.

Rest assured that Nexus 4 orders are being delivered based on the order in which they were received. Due to overwhelming demand we sold out of Nexus 4 extremely quickly.

Thanks,
The Google Play Support Team"
.... you think .... ah well and the wait continues

Upvote 0
Same here, must have sent it out in bulk. Hopefully it's because they got their latest shipment and they are going out the door.

I just got the notification too!

Honestly I did not expect to get one of these this year. I am not thrilled, I'm still annoyed at the launch. But at least they weren't lying when they said w/in 3 weeks.

Upvote 0
I just got this email as well! ^_^ anyone know if you can change the delivery address?

You'd have to change it in your Play profile. However I don't know if that will change the address for your past order, or only for future orders. You should either call or send an email to support with the new address.

Upvote 0
I'm glad to hear that it sounds like this phone will get in the hands of more enthusiasts very soon!

Not soon enough :p

In all seriousness though better late than never. I can't wait to finally get my hands on this phone.

EDIT: The charge reappeared on my card and the date for my order changed to the 27th. Since Google said they won't charge until the order has shipped I'm going to assume I'll be getting it tomorrow or Wednesday even though I haven't got a tracking number yet.

Upvote 0
Not soon enough :p

In all seriousness though better late than never. I can't wait to finally get my hands on this phone.

EDIT: The charge reappeared on my card and the date for my order changed to the 27th. Since Google said they won't charge until the order has shipped I'm going to assume I'll be getting it tomorrow or Wednesday even though I haven't got a tracking number yet.

No, Im confident that's the date they send them out. it would be silly to ship it out then charge your card.

Upvote 0
No, Im confident that's the date they send them out. it would be silly to ship it out then charge your card.

Yes, i'm betting on it shipping in the morning. The last batch that Google sent out they upgraded to 1 day priority air mail so like I said i'm planning on receiving it tomorrow night if i'm lucky since it's shipping from Kentucky and I live in Indiana. I should get the phone Wednesday at the latest.

Upvote 0
yay got same email i believe in you google again some info lmfao excited my nexus 4 has moved back up on my orders number one spot since haven't got any apps after it recently the date says nov 27th so :) can't wait hope it will be here in next few days. i also kinda think they'll do one day shipping like they did last week for the others that received there's <fingers crossed> :D

Upvote 0
yay got same email i believe in you google again some info lmfao excited my nexus 4 has moved back up on my orders number one spot since haven't got any apps after it recently the date says nov 27th so :) can't wait hope it will be here in next few days. i also kinda think they'll do one day shipping like they did last week for the others that received there's <fingers crossed> :D

Second all of this, mine says 11/27 now and I would love if they next day air it.

Upvote 0
yay 2nd day air :D today
UPS 2ND DAY AIR

In Transit
1.gif

Last Location: Louisville, KY, United States, Tuesday, 11/27/2012

Additional Information

Type:package

Shipment Progress

• What's This?

Location Date Local Time Activity Louisville, KY, United States 11/27/2012 1:03 P.M. Origin Scan

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones