1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Backspace key stops functioning in landscape

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by eofdec1, Dec 20, 2011.

1. eofdec1

eofdec1 Lurker

Hi all. I have the most annoying problem I'm hoping someone can help me out with, or point me in the right direction.

When I am typing messages in the standard Evo/Android keyboard, most of the time the backspace button will work fine. But every once in a while it will totally stop working. It just won't backspace through anything. I can move the cursor wherever, it's just the backspace that has the problem. If I then turn the keyboard to portrait, then turn it back to landscape, the backspace will work again. The problem happens completely at random, at least as far as I can tell.

They did a freaking hard reset at the sprint store and that didn't solve the problem. Any thoughts??? Please??? =)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    have you tried other keyboard apps? or even swype? not sure what else you can do after a hard reset did not work.

3. eofdec1

eofdec1 Lurker

So yea, the problem happens with all keyboard apps, swype, swiftkey, everything. I've seen a couple of different forums with this problem, but it doesn't seem to be resolved. I'm shocked that hard-resetting the phone didn't solve it. If you have any thoughts please let me know =) Thanks!

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews