1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Backup App?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by justjulz, Dec 29, 2012.

1. justjulz

justjulz Lurker

Hi there. I would like to know what is the best free backup app in the Playstore to download? Not just for apps but mainly for contacts, data, photos & sms's. An app that I could download my phone's backup to my laptop if need be would be great too! Should the phone be lost or dies on me. Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

Hello and welcome to the forums justjulz - thanks for joining! :)

Without rooting, you would be able to back up most of the things that you have mentioned.

You can sync your contacts with your gmail (better than storing them on the phone... when you change phones, you just sync the new phone with your Gmail account :))

For SMS/Call logs, you can download apps from the play store SMS Backup & Restore and Call Logs Backup & Restore

When you connect your phone to your PC (as USB storage), windows explorer should auto-start. You would then be able to copy your pictures (which should be in a folder called "DCIM" or "Pictures" (either of these folders may be in a folder called "Media")).

As for data... you may not be able to back that up without rooting your phone. If you decide to go down that route, there is more info in the All Things Root section for your phone.

What phone do you own? If you let me know, I will point you in the right direction for the sub-forum for your device :)

3. palmtree5

palmtree5 Sunny Vacation Supporter!

Hi, welcome to the forums!

To answer your question, if you're signed into a Google account, your contacts should be synced to that, data and photos could be copied to your computer or stored in a cloud based storage service, and for backing up sms, I recommend this. It backs it up to a file which can be backed up to your computer or to a cloud based storage service

D-U-R-X likes this.