• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Backup apps + install on another phone

zijincheng

Jan 14, 2012
Hi, I was looking for an app that would backup my installed apps (or ones that I choose to backup) and would install them on my phone after a wipe or on another phone, here are some features I'm looking for:

Will not actually backup the apks to SDcard
Will backup list of apps and when reinstalled on new phone 1 click will reinstall all selected apps at once from the MARKET, not from the SDcard.

I've tried App List backup, however it just backs up the list of apps currently on my phone and if I want to install I have to click individually on each link and it will bring me to google play and I have to individually download each app

I know you don't want to back up the apk's, but I think it would be a good idea to do that. I use and app called "AppSaver". I can back up the apps apk's to the SD card and reinstall the apps using the file manager app, "ES File Explorer". I can install multiple apps at one time. If there are any updates for any of the apps, they will let you know, when you go into Google Play store under your apps list. I use these apps to reinstall a previous version of an app, if I don't like the update. Also, your apps list will be in Google Play store the first time you log into it on a new phone or after a factory reset. You can use "App Dragon" to get a text list sent to your email, of all the apps and there versions.

Upvote 0
Hi, I was looking for an app that would backup my installed apps (or ones that I choose to backup) and would install them on my phone after a wipe or on another phone, here are some features I'm looking for:

Will not actually backup the apks to SDcard
Will backup list of apps and when reinstalled on new phone 1 click will reinstall all selected apps at once from the MARKET, not from the SDcard.

I've tried App List backup, however it just backs up the list of apps currently on my phone and if I want to install I have to click individually on each link and it will bring me to google play and I have to individually download each app
Depending on what version of android you are running on your phone... The phone should automatically download all the apps you previously had after you link your google account to the phone. I know android 4.0 and up have the feature... But I think it started in one of the last versions of gingerbread.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones