1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!
  2. We apologize for the disruption in email services! They are sending out now, but there is a backlog, so it may take a little time to catch up.

Support backup assist

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by flipakine, Aug 21, 2012.

1. flipakine

flipakine Newbie
    None

Mar 30, 2010
    hayward
    probably a reread for some of you but I've looked around n can't find my answers.

On my old HTC I was able to create a backup of my phone in its current state in case I need recovery later on. I'm not figuring out how to open this menu as I know it's something done during turn on. what buttons am I to hold on the rezound?

also side question. is there a way to save texts to something like say the sdcard and then pull them back up after factory reset?

Jeff.

Advertisement

2. godzilla932

godzilla932 Member
    None

Sep 8, 2011
    There is an app called sms backup that will save your texts. Not sure if it saves them to sd card.

flipakine likes this.
  3. bik2101

bik2101 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 17, 2011
    you're probably talking about making a nandroid? you can access recovery (assuming you are rooted and you've flashed a recovery - amon ra or cwm) by holding volume down and power at the same time.

for sms backup/recovery theres plenty like sms backup restore (stores to your google acct), mybackup, titanium, go backup - the latter three can be stored on sd through changing settings

4. flipakine

flipakine Newbie
    None

Mar 30, 2010
    hayward
    that's it nandroid. actually not rooted though. I want to protect myself from screwing up during rooting/factory reset by creating the recovery point.

thanks for the help that's exactly what I was looking for.

Tags: