• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Backup Assistant -- ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nearly every time I turn on my phone, it starts up in the Backup Assistant mode.

Is there ANY WAY to turn this off (minus root)?

I've changed the sync time to 00:00-6:00 but it still comes up throughout the day.

Not to mention, every attempt is a failure.

Any ideas?

Minus root? Not that I know of. You might be stuck rooting, but it's not all that bad. :D

Upvote 0
So how does one shut down backup assistant without starting all over again?

There doesn't appear to be a way to turn it off without either 1) doing a factory reset, or 2) rooting and freezing it. I don't know how the carriers keep getting away with installing this bloatware without the option to uninstall. The obvious parallel is the PC market, where most vendors put their own custo software preinstalled when you buy a machine. But you always have the option of uninstalling it. On our phones, the only way to do it is the root your phone, and even then it can cause problems without using a custom ROM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones