1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General backup assistant ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lagos, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Lagos

Lagos Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 12, 2010
    Are you guys using Verizon backup assistant? I have mine setup, but I realized that there really seems no point in using it since everything gets backed up to your Google account anyway.

What about backing up apps? I know that android 2.2 has a feature that will re-download all the apps from the official market place once you log into your account on a new phone/rom, but does that also go for paid applications? What about apps acquired though the Amazon App-store?

Advertisement

2. TTupa

TTupa Member
    None

Apr 30, 2010
    I'm not using it, and as soon as root is available, I'm removing it. I'm not sure about apps from the Amazon store, but I imagine they'd all be there waiting even if you had to manually re-download them. Anything that doesn't survive a data wipe, I'm comfortable adding back.

If paid applications don't automatically download, they'll be waiting in the "My Apps" area of the Android Market when you log into your account.

3. mooreman

mooreman Newbie
    None

Nov 16, 2009
    You are both absolutely correct, this is another instance of Verizon bloatware. There is absolutely NO reason to have an app like this on a Google/Android phone.

4. ckelly33

ckelly33 Android Expert
    None

Jun 14, 2010
    CRNA
    Tennessee
    Unless you are storing your contacts DIRECTLY to the phone rather than spring them to your Google account, there is no use for Verizon's Backup Assistant.

5. dinc2dinc

dinc2dinc Newbie
    None

Jun 26, 2011
    With go launcher you can hide your apps from the app drawer. kind of a nice feature to declutter your apps... Can't wait til root..