1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Backup Before Reset

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by trader914, Feb 11, 2011.

1. trader914

trader914 Well-Known Member

What is the best way to backup my EVO settings/apps so that when I do a hard reset, I can get back as much as possible? The items I am most concerned with are:

1 - Custom settings on ChompSMS texting (takes a long time to customize)
    2 - All the settings on the LauncherPro
    3 - Home page settings with all the apps and locations as I have it currently.

Advertisement

2. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

I can't remember if your phone is rooted or not. I'm sure we've talked about previously. If you don't have root, you can use mybackup. With root, you can use Titanium Backup. Mybackup is the best you can get without root. It will not be complete, but it should get quite a bit. You can use SMS Backup & Restore to ensure you get your text messages. For the specific things you listed, I *think* chompsms has an option to export settings to the sdcard. Go ahead and check; I think I remember reading about it. As for Launcherpro, if you go to menu->preferences, there is an option to backup at the bottom. That will backup Launcherpro settings and homescreen settings. The only problem is that you'll need to reapply all your widgets. It will just come up with "Problem loading widget" for each one. There is no way around it, even with root. Nandroid backup is the only thing that can restore widgets like that, and it's for a completely different reason.

trader914 likes this.
Tags: