• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Backup didnt restore after factory reset

slippyjim

Oct 1, 2012
Hi,

My mums Galaxy s10 went crazy after an update, apps wouldnt open, loads of apps including play store were missing so i said we needed to do a factory reset.
I went into Settings - Google - Backup and hit Back up now, after it completed I tapped above and on the next screen it said that App data, SMS, Device settings, call history, contacts were all backed up 1 minute ago, then I went back and Google photos said backed up 1 day before

So I was confident it was all goo and did the reset
After the phone restarted we signed into google account again and it didnt work.....
It only restored the contacts and the apps that were previously installed.
SMS and call history were not restored and neither were the pictures.

I logged into google photos via chrome and there were no photos there so it looks like they were never backed up.

With a computer I would now run a deleted files scan and recover at least some of the pics, but does such a think exist for phones?
Is there any chance of getting some pics back or is it just 0% chance.

Thanks

Are the pictures backed up in Google Photos? The phone can be set to sync with Google to backup photos as soon as they are taken. I also suggest using a microSD card for photos, files, music, and all other personal data. If something like this happens, everything is in external storage (the card) and is not affected.

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones